My idea of city centres (CC's) is to urbanise and empower the rural masses through a holistic development of the nation. It attempts to empower the masses naturally with opportunities created for self-determination and dignified living for all.
City centres have been conceived to provide an opportunity to the village populace to live together and work together to become a force. The city centres will also give them an opportunity to exchange ideas amongst themselves and improve their own thinking and working. To work in isolation does not inculcate community feeling. The concept behind these centres is the development of each village into a full-fledged city by clubbing a few villages together to attain self-reliance.
Placing India amongst the most powerful and prosperous nations
First and foremost
Here below I am providing brief guide lines to overcome the perennial regression that has
besieged the nation;
- Guarantee jobs to 100 percent workable hands within two to three years, not by way of charity or reservation and quotas or gratis, but by doing actual creative and developmental works, noted in Chapters 8.1-8.10. of the book
- Make optimum use of our talent and expertise and the mammoth human resource available with us.
- Make judicious use of our natural and non-renewable resources. - Optimise our Primary (agriculture), Secondary (industries) and Tertiary (mainly tourism) sectors and minimizing the wasted resorces.
- Exercise population control and bring it down to the level of about 80 crore (Chapter 8.4).
- Remove the illiteracy, ignorance and backwardness of our people by creating a proper education system (Chapter 8.5 and Section 8.3.1. II).
- Rehabilitate the old, the disabled and destitute, and gradually eradicate disabilities and destitution for all time (Section 8.3.1).
- Motivate people to work for the nation and care for their fellow-beings (Section 8.5.1).
- Practise water management (Chapter 8.6).
- Be prepared for disaster management (Chapter 8.7).
- Optimise power generation (Chapter 8.8).
- Improve the environment (Chapter 8.9).
- Put emphasis on IT (information technology) and R&D (research and development) (Chapter 8.10).
If we are able to reconstruct the nation according to these philosophies then there shall be no reason why we cannot fulfil the basic objectives of our Constitution vis-à-vis the purpose of our struggle for freedom and transform our nation to be one day acknowledged amongst the most prosperous and powerful nations in the world. It may not take more than 25 years to realise the same.
Chapters 8.1-8.10 provide enormous scope to identify our resources and how they can be best utilised. Concept of City Centres gives an opportunity to urbanise our rural areas, habitat our people in a dignified way, extend them job opportunities and avenues for self determination. It shall uplift and empower them naturally. The administrative and monitoring guidelines as illustrated in Chapter 8.3 can make each Centre self contained and self supported with unbound scope to progress as much as one would want to do to one day realise our dreams.
All it needs is that our guardians, elected or civil, to have knowledge and vision. This is possible through responsible and accountable system of governance at the sates and the Union as propounded through the book and prayed to learned judiciary
1. Goods storage,transportation terminals
2. Power generation/distribution, etc.
3. Trade and business centre
4. Main railway station (Metro stations as per city needs)
5. Industries and cold storages/warehouses
6. Service centres and markets
7. Administrative office and essential services
8. Religious centres
9. Higher education,training and research institutes
11.Parks and recreation centres
12.Water treatment plants,lake,recreation centres, bio-museum and environmental parks
13.Effluent and sewerage treatment plants
14.Bus terminals (as required)
17.Cremation and burial grounds
18.Residential area and shelter homes with community facilities.
19.Lake (adequate to conserve entire rainwater)
20.community centres and shopping arcades.
21.Hospitals,guest houses, and markets.
22.Lakes,water parks and water sports.
23.Recreation Centre,shopping and restaurants. contd..
1. Farm Lands will include:
- Fallow land
- Sand dunes
- Mountains and hills
- Rivers,lakes,ponds etc.
2. Area of city considered as 150 sq.Km.
Therefore for circular city diameter is 13.82Km.
Metro and railway tracks
1.Auditoriums,theatres,malls,etc. can be located as convenient for which enough space is available.
2.It is a rudimentary concept of a city centre.The layout can be modified as per need and convenience.
3.Green belts around buildings,roads and surface railways